My First Pull Request

My first pull request to libgit2 project. It was this particular issue #3817, I chose to resolve. It was a bug in git_config_parse_int64() function in parsing MIN_INT64 (-9223372036854775808) It is a minor bug, which occurs in the rarest of the cases. Neverthless, it was fun to debug and fix this one. A cursory look at the code tells the following. Check if the number is positive or negative if (*p == ‘-’ || *p == ‘+’) if (*p++ == ‘-’) neg = 1; ovfl - overflow flag nn - number n - assign after overflow Code:
Read more →

Pelican Markdown Exception Fix

I got this particular error while trying to run Pelican to output HTML on the imported articles from Wordpress. | File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/markdown/extensions/attr_list.py", line 35, in _handle_double_quote | k, v = t.split(‘=’) | ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 2) After some digging around, I found out that the problem is with the Markdown library used in Pelican. Specifically, in the attr_list extension. After careful examination, I found out that presence of \n characters in the inline attribute list produced by pandoc (which is used by pelican-import to convert HTML documents to markdown for editing) is responsible for the problem.
Read more →

Maraithal

I had been so busy with my GATE preparations that I had to write some code to clear my head. Also my GitHub contributions graph has started looking so bleak lately. So, I started working on one of my old steganography project. It is hardly ground-breaking. It is the implementation of the age old LSB Steganography in images with Python and Pillow. For people who do not have a clue of what I am talking about, LSB Steganography is the method of encoding data in the least significant bits of the images so that, there is minimal or no significant change in the image when looked at with the naked eye.
Read more →